Courses for everyday people
The Clean Out Your Makeup Bag Workshop
This workshop is for people who feel stuck in a rut with their daily makeup routine. Bring in your makeup bag. We will design a new look for you that will bring you up to date. This workshop is 2.5 hrs.
Basic MakeUp Course For Beginners
This is an introductory course for people wishing to learn makeup skills for personal use. All skill levels welcome. $799.00
This Course Will Teach you
- How to do makeup on yourself
- What are the best tools and brushes to use
- Basic skin care and how to prep your face for long wearing makeup
- How to pick colors that complement your eyes
- 3 different makeup looks from start to finish
- In the first class how to do a flawless natural day look
- In the second class how to do the ever popular smokey look
- In the third class how to apply liquid liner and false lashes and how to contour the cheekbones, nose and face.
- In the fourth class we will perfect the contoured and highlighted look.
How Do You Know This Workshop is For you?
- If you were never taught the proper techniques on how to apply your makeup
- If you find yourself at a lose for how to do your own makeup for a job interview, an event, or a photo shoot (this includes facebook and drivers liscence pictures!).
- If you have a drawer full of cosmetics that you never use because you don’t know how
- If you are stuck doing the same makeup routine since the 90′s!
- You are a makeup and fashion enthusiast that has an interest in doing your own makeup with confidence
- You are a professional woman looking to create a more polished look for your every day work life
- You are a women who wears makeup as a form of self expression and is looking to expand her repetoire of looks and refine her techniques
- You enjoy self developement and female bonding
This Course Includes
- A beginners kit
- Face charts of all three looks so that you can practice at home
- Step by step notes that are emailed to you after each class
- All extra makeup and tools that are not included in the beginner’s kit that are used for in class work.
What are you required to bring
- A binder for handouts, pen, and paper
- Any and all makeup and tools you already own
The Beginners Kit includes
- 4 key top quality makeup professional brushes that are hand made in Germany by Da Vinci, these brushes are carried exclusively by Karin Makeup (a foundation brush, an angle brush, a concealer brush, and a crease brush)
- 1 brush soap
- 1 liquid foundation by Face Atelier (individually colour matched on the first day of class)
- Yaby palette with customized powder, highlight, brow shadow, 4 eyeshadows, blush, 2 lip colours, and a concealer.
- Personal bag of sponges and disposable tools for proper hygiene etiquette for in class use
- 1 SPF 30 Smartshield lipbalm
* The Beginner’s kit has a retail value of $275 and is included in the price of the course. The kit will be given to you on the first day of class.
- Daytime option12:30 -3:30 pm
- One day a week for 4 weeks
- Evening option 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- One night a week for 4 weeks
- 12 hours of instruction total
- 6:30-7:00 Technique demo and theory
- 7:00 – 8:30 step by step guided makeup application on your self
- 8:30 – 9 work on facechart
- 9:00 – 9:30 Q and A and clean up
Starting Oct 11, 18, 25, and nov.1
Wednesday evenings 6:00 – 9:00pm
The One-on-One Tutorial
This is a chance for you to customize your dates and times for class!
- One-on-One instruction is $40/hr plus HST.
- One-on-One packages are 3 hours for $120.
- The 9 hour $360.
- The 18 hour $720.
- The 27 hour $1080.